Thoughts for the day

A swarming buzz
A whispering hiss
A whirring, murmuring and then some spitting
Today's thoughts-thoughts for the day
Crashed in
Noisily trying to wrench out faith
And steal the song.
I was left gasping for the truth
Dizzy with lies,
Cold, cold, cold-I cried

Cried to my ever-present help
My ever faithful friend
Who knows the depths of me
He hastened- set your mind on things above
Not on things below
Where I am seated in the heavenly realms
While the battle rages on,
He gently helps me and I know we will win
And while the battle rages on, I cry:
I am grateful 
I am grateful I am loved with an everlasting love
I am grateful that Christ is the author and perfecter of my faith
I am grateful that he will never leave me nor forsake me
I am grateful that no weapon formed against me shall prosper
I am grateful that no one can bring a charge against God's elect
I am grateful that God disciplines those he loves
I am grateful that nothing can thwart his plans and
I am grateful that I will see him
Face to face


Colossians 3:1-4: Since, then, you have been raised with Christ, set your hearts on things above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God. Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things. For you died, and your life is now hidden with Christ in God. When Christ, who is your life,appears, then you also will appear with him in glory.

As described in my poem above, today lies and discouragement have been swarming in my head. We are in a battle and we need to take God's word to fight the battle.
I found it really encouraging today to re-listen to a clip from a sermon by SM Lockridge, an American baptist minister that a friend shared a few years ago with me. It is titled 'That's my king'.  You can find the written transcript here- I can't recommend it enough.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Nine Muses

sculpturesque!

The voice Within...