Royal treatment

This morning I was waiting for my regular reverse commute from Waterloo. The grey June morning could not dampen my spirits as I was surrounded by elegantly dressed passengers who were waiting to catch their train to Ascot to go to the Royal Ascot races. Men with top hats and women donning fascinators in various colours and sizes made the heads of the rest of us turn and some of us whip out our phones to capture the beauty on digital film.

I was trying to photograph a couple discreetly from behind them when they suddenly turned- I politely asked if I could take a photograph of them and they kindly obliged. What I did not expect was that they would go on to gift me a beautiful bouquet of roses and irises. They had purchased it earlier as they needed a rose for the gentleman's buttonhole-and they generously gave away the rest of the bouquet to me!

I am reminded of the verse -'Every good and perfect gift comes from our Father above who does not change like shifting shadows' .

Let's keep trusting our precious Jesus and keep our eyes open to how he might be displaying his love to us ! #godissoromantic. He is so rich in mercy that my heart sings ! Yayy 


P.s- I went on to glean while chatting to another racegoer that there is a strict dresscode viewers have to subscribe to if they go to the Royal Ascot races- men are expected to wear tophats, women's dresses have to be knee length and with straps and their hats (known as fascinators) have to be atleast 10 cm wide.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Nine Muses

sculpturesque!