You've replaced my sky

Jesus, You’ve replaced my sky
Yesterday, my roots strained to go deep
First they stirred vaguely as though in paradoxical sleep
Then they spread wide and spread thin
But today, I am strengthened from within,
And will stand not on sand
But in the LORD’s land
Limbs stretched in a cry to my creator: 

LORD let your blood drip over these pests that infest
The core of my soul
Establish me by streams of living water
Transplant me into thy dwelling quarter

Yesterday, I was bent beneath the rage of seasons changing, the moon waning
But today I am waiting
For eternal spring to sing
Praises to the King who is coming
And even as I wait, I am
Nourished, fed, satisfied by He who in me abides
Entrenched in the soil of his love,
Wooed to fix my thoughts on things above
The old is gone the new has come
You’ve replaced my sky =)

Comments

Unknown said…
Hey Asha!
Sad story, I can't find the letter you gave me! I haven't looked extensively, but I think somehow I must have left it at the church...have you seen it around? If not, maybe I do have it somewhere and I just haven't been able to look thoroughly...I miss you friend!

Gracie

Popular posts from this blog

The Nine Muses

sculpturesque!